This week I’m taking part in a blog hop where myself and other bloggers get to share 10 random facts about ourselves that you may not know. It’s a been great getting to know other bloggers and reading their incredible posts so please join me in checking theirs out.
So, in no particular order, 10 things you probably didn’t know about me:
1) I’m super-duper organised and can’t stand clutter around the house. My poor husband has to deal with me tidying away every little thing he leaves out and finding its’ new home. It’s laughable now but I spent the morning after Jonas’ birth in hospital tidying his clothes into the small bedside draw as I couldn’t stand the mess… hmm, lesson learnt for next time, while the baby sleeps… sleep!
2) On the subject of my amazing husband, I made the poor man wait 4 years before finally agreeing to say yes to marriage! What can I say, he has the patience of a saint, it’s one of the many reasons I adore him!
3) If you gave me the choice of a glass of wine or a chocolate bar I’d always choose the first. That being said since starting my healthy eating regime a few weeks back I’ve had very little of either and never felt better. There’s definitely something to be said for detoxing. Check out last weeks post to read more on how this has totally increased my energy levels.
4) If you gave me the choice of a day at a spa or doing some kind of crazy assault course activity I’d probably choose the latter.
5) I don’t drive and so boy do I clock up the miles on my buggy. So much so that I’m currently on buggy frame number 5 as the wheels just can’t cut it.
6) I went to Ivory Coast in Africa on work experience when I was 17 and helped in an orphanage for a week. I absolutely loved it and realised then I have a real heart for orphans and children in difficult situations. Myself and Alan have a real heart for fostering or adoption and it’s something we really hope to do in the future.
7) The most embarrassing moment of my life was at secondary school. I was sat on the back of a bench and somehow managed to fall off it, backwards, with my legs sticking in the air. That was of course the day I had decided to wear a skirt. Needless to say not much embarrasses me now in comparison.
8) I once abseiled down the tallest building in the UK (or at least the tallest that you are allowed to abseil down!) to support Cancer Research UK. I absolutely loved it although I have to say I’d be slightly more nervous doing it next time round having swung round half way down the building with my feet dangling in the air and no one there to assist me.
9) Our home currently houses myself, my husband, our soon to be three-year old son, our “adopted” 26-year-old lodger and our Chinese 17-year-old “daughter”. It has to be said we get some funny looks from delivery men and neighbours who see such a mix of people leaving the house.
10) My biggest weakness is probably that I’m a perfectionist. Great in many jobs but not so much in parenting when it’s very hard to get it all right and incredibly hard to measure success! Something I’m learning is to live by grace and enjoy the ride.
So there is it, 10 things you may not have known about me. You can find out more about me here. I’ll be passing the blog hop onto Rachel from Dreaming of the Country. Please stop by and check out her blog along with the other fantastic bloggers listed below. x
Jenny – Jenny Cupido // Jo – Real Married Life // Stasia – Our Life on a Budget // Michelle – Mummy From the Heart // Sarah Ann – Faith Along the Way // Ailee – Snapshots and my Thoughts // Sybil – She Lives Free // Johanna – Our Joyful Home // Kate – Making Space // Rachel – Dreaming of the Country